M-1, M-2, M-5, M-7, M-8
M-1 Perform leakage and patrolling surveys
- Perform leakage and patrolling surveys of gas distribution / transmission piping facilities
M-2 Locate and mark underground facilities
- Identify needs and methods for locating underground structures
- Identify operational requirements of buried metal pipe locators.
- Locate and Mark underground facilities.
M-5 Maintain line valves in gas transmission/distribution piping
- Identify principles and maintenance schedules of gas control valves.
- Proper use and care of high pressure grease guns.
M-7 Prevent Accidental Ignition (Operators)
- Identify conditions, causes, and possible hazards related to gas leakage
M-8 Installing / Replacing and Repairing Natural Gas Pipelines
I-1.9, I-1.10 Inspect and Monitor for Internal Corrosion
- Identify safe working practices.
- Identify construction practices basic to installing/replacing gas piping.
- Identify construction practices basic to repairing gas piping.
- Inspect and monitor for internal corrosion
Other class descriptions:
SERVICE LINE/PLUMBER OQ SERIES
CONTRACTOR OQ SERIES
INITIAL TRAINING: Fusion, Mechanical Joining, and The Gas Distribution Series Modules
© 2004-2018 Utility Technologies International Corporation All Rights Reserved